Privacy matters to us, and we want to be transparent about how we collect and work with your
personal information. Please take a moment to read this statement, and if you have any
questions, you can contact us any time.
This statement outlines your rights to your personal information, and contains general principles that apply to the handling of your personal information when you use any of JOVIs products or services, application, websites and any product or service that we offer in conjunction with our partners. Depending on the product or service, you may also receive service- specific and/or region-specific terms. You will be legally bound by both this statement and the service/region specific term to the extent you have accepted them when signing up to service or product, therefore, you should read these terms carefully. In the event of conflict or inconsistency, the service and/or region-specific terms prevail.
Data protection and right to privacy has become an important issue globally because more and more businesses are forming their business models based on customer data. From global tech giants Facebook, Google and Uber to local telecoms and banks, many businesses are in possession of your personal data. However, this data is not protected as is evident from the rising number of security breaches.
In 2016, Pakwheels.com and Zameen.com were hacked and data of their users dumped online. Careem reported a breach in January 2018, in which data of 14 million users, including Pakistanis, was hacked. Besides cyber attacks, big corporations, including telecoms and banks or their employees and outsourcing partners are selling data to marketing companies.
To avail certain services and offerings, to participate in certain activities and to make contributions at our web-site or application you may be asked to submit personally identifiable information such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, credit/debit card information (through a third party), your opinion on issues and items and information about your interests in and use of various products, programs, and services.
At times you may also be submitting information about other people. For example, you might submit a person’s name and e-mail address to send a link to an offer and, if you avail an offer online and want it sent directly or to be shared with a different recipient, you might submit the recipient’s name and contact number. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected about other people at our application: recipient’s name and telephone number.
You may also be submitting certain non-personally identifiable information such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your internet service provider.
This policy also explains your choices about how we use information about you. Your choices include how you can modify your marketing preferences, object to certain uses of information about you and how you can access and update certain information about you.
If you do not agree with this policy, you will not be able to access or use our Products or interact with any other aspect of our business.
Purposes of the Policy include:
a) Retention and maintenance of documents necessary for the proper functioning of the organization as well as to comply with applicable legal requirements;
b) Destruction of documents which no longer need to be retained.
c) Guidance for the focal persons, director generals, directors, officers, staff and other constituencies with respect to their responsibilities concerning uploading the up to date contents, documents retention and destruction.
d) Protect user’s privacy and keep their personal information safe. We use encryption and other security safeguards to protect customer data.
e) Notwithstanding the foregoing JOVI reserves the right to revise or revoke this Policy at any time.
• It shall be the responsibility of the Administrator, after consultation with concerned Law department or Counsel as the case may be, to determine how privacy laws will apply to the organization’s documents from and with respect to employees and other constituencies, to establish reasonable procedures for compliance with such privacy laws; and to allow for their audit and review on a regular basis.
• Our privacy commitments are basic fundamental to the way we do business every day. These apply to everyone who has a relationship with us – including customers, clients, rider, end-users, vendors and our Web site visitors.
Information Collection And Use:
• While using our Product, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name (“Personal Information”).
• We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site or what your operating system sends us when you are using our application.
• This may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site or Application that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
• In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you when you interact with us, when you use our products and services. This information is used to deliver, provide and repair products or services; establish and maintain customer accounts and records; information may also be aggregated or de-identified for business and marketing uses by us or by third parties.
Listed below are some of the important points regarding how your information is being used by us:
• Provide services and improve your customer experience;
• Respond to your questions;
• Do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our networks and services;
• Let you know about service updates, content, offers and promotions that may be of interest to you;
• Deliver Relevant Advertising;
• Assist in the prevention and investigation of illegal activities and violations of our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policies.
The information you submit will be used by us for communication and contact, to fulfil your requests, to respond to inquiries and to offer other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you or to the person whose information you submit to us.
We use the non-personally identifiable information that you submit to improve our application.
Cookies & Web Beacons
“Web beacons” or clear.gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use web beacons on our site from time to time for this and other purposes.
Cookies and web beacons shall be deemed to be information submitted by you to us.
Information that is necessary for us to perform the services
There is certain personal information that is necessary for us to perform services you use. These include:
• Your name, phone number, email address, postal address, date of birth, and other information provided when you register to use our services.
• Payment related information, such as credit or debit card information or other banking and payment information;
• Payment Information: We collect certain payment and billing information when you register for certain paid Products. You might also provide payment information, such as card details (through a third party) to load/top-up your wallet, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
Typically, we collect this information:
• When you sign up, buy, or use our products or services.
• When you subscribe to our newsletters or promotions about our products or services.
• When you contact us for information, question or feedback about our product, service, application or website.
We generally use this information to:
• Perform the relevant service or provide the relevant product
• Manage your account.
• Carry out credit checks.
• Request payments.
• Communicate with you.
Other information that is needed for us to provide and improve our services
• During the course of you using our products, services or websites, we may also collect other information from you. Some examples of such information include:
• Information about your account and our communications with you, such as any customer support requests that you make or any feedback that you provide, dates of payments, and date of invoices;
• Product usage data, such as your last active use of an application, the duration you spent on an application and how much you spent on a product.
• Network data, including mobile calls and sms data, such as the date and time of the calls and texts you send or receive, and the duration of calls received and made through our network;
Your location data, when:
• You use our telecommunications services, such as call, sms or broadband services.
• You choose to use our location-based service. For example, when you enable direction applications on your mobile phone you signed up to a certain location based promotional activities.
Your browsing data, when:
• You visit one of our websites and/or use some of our services.
Information that we collect may include:
• Information relating to your device, such as IP address, device model and settings. We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better experience. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Products. Server and data center service administrators can disable collection of this information via the settings or prevent this information from being shared with us by blocking transmission at the local network level.
• Network information.
• Details and logs of when, where and how you used the service.
• Browser information such as type and version and browser plug-in.
• Information about your visit, including the websites that directed you to us, the pages on our website that you visited, services and products that you viewed or searched for, length of visit, our interaction with you, and the next websites you visit after our website.
Typically, we use the information above and any other information necessary to:
• Improve customer experience, such as for troubleshooting, network management and network optimization purposes.
• Use the recorded communications information for training quality assurance, feedback or for records purposes.
• Find ways in which we can better improve our service, such as using personal and/or aggregated statistics or de-identified information about sales, services, customers, network traffic and location patterns to conduct research to help improve our understanding of your behaviours.
• Conduct research that create value for the community.
• Create customer profiles about you to offer you personalised content, provide a more relevant user experience or products and services, and to ensure that we will not be recommending you products and services that you may not be interested in. We may also use this information to find out whether you enjoy receiving our personalised services.
• Analyse use of our network and services to identify general trends and partner with third parties to develop new services for you;
• Send you marketing communications about products and services based on your preferences and interests; and/or
• Share your information within our affiliate companies, for processing, advertising, service development, cross product marketing and sales, product and service creation, measurement, analytics and research purposes.
• For research and development: We are always looking for ways to make our Products more useful, relevant, faster, and secure to you. We use collective learning about how people use our Products and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement of the Products. We automatically analyze and aggregate frequently viewed articles to improve relevance of suggested topics that auto-populate when you use the search feature.
• To communicate with you about the Products: We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the Products, including confirming your purchases, reminding you of subscription expirations, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. We also provide tailored communications based on your activity and interactions with us. For example, certain actions you take in the Products may automatically provide you with the requested content. These communications are part of the Products and in most cases you can opt out of them. If an opt out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself or in your account settings.
• To market, promote and drive engagement with the Products: We use your contact information and information about how you use the Products to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including by email and by displaying Product ads on other companies’ websites and applications, as well as on other companies’ platforms and websites. These communications are aimed at driving engagement and maximizing what you get out of the Products, including information about new features, survey requests, newsletters, and events we think may be of interest to you. We also communicate with you about new product offers, promotions and contests. You can control whether you receive these communications as described below under “Opt-out of communications.”
• Customer support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze crash information, and to repair and improve the Products.
• To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
• Managed accounts: If you register or access the Products using an email address with a domain that is owned by your employer or organization, and such organization requests, certain information about you including your name, contact info, content and past use of your account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator. If you are an administrator for a particular site or group of users within the Products, we may share your contact information with current or past users, for the purpose of facilitating service-related requests.
• Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under close instruction from us, including policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
You may object to the processing by contacting us unless the information is required for us to perform the services.
Information needed for us to protect your security
We use the information we have to keep our services and communities safe and secure. • we may investigate or take action regarding suspicious and illegal activities that violate our Terms of Services, or the applicable law; and/or
• share your information, in accordance with applicable law/regulations and/or court orders, with the relevant authorities, for example, to protect you or someone else from harm or damage.
Information you consented to provide to us
We may also collect and process information about you when you consent to us collecting and processing this information. Examples are your demographic and other personal information when you participate in one of our competitions, prize draws, research surveys or consumer panels when you utilise our products and services.
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website/Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website/Application, subscribing to our service, registering for newsletter, contacting our Customer Service Representative or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website/Application.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order or making payment through our Website/Application.
• Your search queries on the Website/Application.
Accessing and Correcting your information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into our Application’s profile tab. You may also request to update any personal information we hold about you by contacting us at our helpline number :0517080451
How we share your information and other responsible entities
We may share your personal information with an affiliate company or third parties for the purposes listed above. Sometimes, the third party with which we share your personal information with may determine the purposes for which and the means by which your personal information is processed, and therefore we shall ensure that the said third party follows the same privacy practices towards your information in accordance with our key privacy principles, this privacy statement and applicable law.
More detailed examples of the third parties we may share your information with include:
• Any of the affiliate companies
• Data processors to process your information on our behalf.
• Third party services whom you have asked us to integrate with, such as social networks.
• Third /parties who conduct research, analytics or marketing in conjunction with us or on our behalf.
• Relevant third parties whom you consented, or that you requested that we share the information with.
• Prospective business partners, following your consent, if we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise re-organise our business.
• Following your consent, third parties that conduct advertising, measurement and analytics.
• Law enforcement agencies, where we are required to provide our cooperation for law enforcement purposes.
• Third party service providers such as debt collection agencies and credit check agencies.
Information Collected When You Acquire Third Party Products
From time to time, JOVI enters into partnerships with other companies to provide you with the opportunity to sample or purchase a product or service that might be of interest to you. We also partner with other companies to offer plug-ins, products and services that enhance the experience of using a JOVI service.
If you purchase a product or service developed or owned by another company, you covenant and agree that JOVI might share your personal information with that another company.
Special Third-Party Relationships
On occasion, JOVI will offer our product users and Web site visitors the opportunity to participate in third-party or co-branded promotions or special programs and any use/acceptance of the said promotions or programs tantamount to a consent given to JOVI by the user to share their information with that third party if it so requires.
The use of any information provided by a user in entering such a third-party promotion will automatically allow JOVI to share that information with that third party if it so requires. We will also specify the manner in which such information is to be used. If your personal information is to be shared with a third party, then JOVI would/might/shall share that information.
In addition, JOVI offers a variety of “plug-in” products that are compatible with JOVI services. While we endeavour to fully research and disclose how such plug-ins utilize personal information, JOVI is not responsible for the operation of plug-ins provided by third parties and we strongly encourage you to visit their Web sites and read the privacy policies that govern their usage. JOVI will not provide personally identifiable information to our product plug-in partners without first obtaining the informed consent of our users.
How we protect your personal information
We ensure that your personal information is safe and secure through the following measures:
• When you log into your account to use our services with your phone number or username and password, your password is encrypted at the point when it reaches our server using cryptographic protocols such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). This ensures that your personal information remains confidential and is protected while it is transmitted over the Internet;
• If you have a username and password to access our services, and have been inactive for some time, we automatically log you out of the account to keep your details secure;
• When we use service providers or other data processors to process your personal information on our behalf, we ensure that the relevant providers and processors will implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the information. Such controls include access control to the information and the infrastructure that stores the information, contractual arrangement that requires the third parties to comply with all relevant laws, We apply privacy and data protection by design and by default, and build privacy and data protection into the foundation of our products and services;
• We conduct Data Protection/Privacy Impact Assessment where appropriate to measure and reduce the impact of a particular activity to the privacy of your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information for
We will only process your personal information for legitimate purposes, and only for as long as it is necessary to achieve those purposes. We will dispose of your personal information safely and securely once it is no longer required subject to applicable laws for retention of data.
• How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
It is important to us that you understand your privacy rights. Therefore, we have listed out below a non-exclusive list of privacy rights that you could exercise whilst entrusting us with your information:
• Right to withdraw consent: Where you have consented for us to use, process, or share your personal information, you can withdraw that consent any time, unless the information is required for us to perform our services.
• Right to access your information: You can access and request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you any time by contacting us, or access the information directly through your online account.
• Right to erasure: You can request that we erase some of the personal information we hold about you, provided that certain circumstances apply:
• The information is no longer needed by us and there is no legal requirement on us to retain the information.
• You object to our profiling of your information, also in instances where the profiling is conducted for direct marketing purposes.
• Other legal grounds, which permit you to do so.
• Delete your information: In some cases, you may ask us to delete accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information. You request by contacting customer service.
Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
• Request that we stop using your information: In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don’t have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe an account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account as provided in this policy. Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time. You can also opt-out of our use of your information for marketing purposes by contacting us, as provided below. When you make such requests, we may need time to investigate and facilitate your request. If there is delay or dispute as to whether we have the right to continue using your information, we will restrict any further use of your information until the request is honored or the dispute is resolved, provided your employer does not object (where applicable).
• Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within your Product account settings menu, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages (such as a receipt for a purchase) from us regarding our Products.
• Mobile Consents/Opt-Outs. We may send you messages, including marketing, via your wireless email address or by short message service (SMS), wireless access protocol (WAP) services or mobile phone service. By providing us with your wireless email address or by signing up for any SMS, WAP or mobile phone service, you consent to receiving services and messages at the address or number you provide for such purposes, and understand that your wireless carrier’s rates apply to these services/messages. You may opt-out of SMS, WAP or mobile services by following the instructions provided in the message.
We will do our best in accommodating the request, but please bear in mind that this may result in you being ineligible to receive certain services.
You can contact us any time to discuss these privacy rights in more details.
Your use of the Products: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our Products. This information includes the features you use; the links you click on; the content you download from the Products; and how you interact with others on the Products.
Changes to this Policy:
• It is imperative to note that the information that you have consented to voluntarily provide is not limited and non-exhaustive. We might collect further information if we believe it is important for your better experience in regards to your usage of our products/services.